TLC STARTS PRODUCTION ON NEW DOCU-SERIES “VEGAS HIGH ROLLERS” (wt) - Program will follow the powerful women that run Sin City
For Immediate Release: August 21, 2012
Press Contact: Dustin Smith, 310-975-1640, email@example.com
Los Angeles, CA – TLC has started production on a new series, VEGAS HIGH ROLLERS (wt), exploring the lives of five high-powered women at the power center of one of the most vibrant, compelling and notorious cities in the world – Las Vegas. In a city known for both its neon-fueled excess and off-the-strip darkness, this group of influential individuals runs the town - from the businesses they operate, to the connections they hold, to the secrets they keep. The series will explore these women’s personal and professional worlds, providing exclusive access to their one-of-a-kind lifestyles and unlocking the determination and passion necessary to find success in a town where so many fail.
TLC has ordered eight hour-long episodes, which are being produced by Evolution Media. The series has a tentative December premiere date.
Thriving by negotiating Las Vegas’ over-the-top opulence and gritty underbelly, the five women featured in the series are:
• LANA FUCHS: owner of Billionaire Mafia Enterprises, a luxury clothing line, a record label, and a concierge service. Married for 20 years, Lana enjoys a life filled with every luxury (obsessions include a pet monkey, a collection of guns, and a passion for diamonds) befitting of a woman who says and does whatever she wants.
• AMY HANLEY: daughter of reputed and controversial Mob boss Tom Hanley, she has deep and dark roots in the city, and a unique relationship with her colorful mother. Amy’s businesses include a firm that handles the top-secret financial issues of elite movers and shakers who have fallen on hard times.
• JENNIFER HARMAN: regarded as the best female poker player in Vegas, and arguably the world, she lives and breathes the sport. She can win - or lose - millions in a single hand, and her calculating approach to the game also applies to her personal life and the people in it.
• ALICIA JACOBS: an entertainment reporter, she is a former pageant queen who uses her local celebrity to move within Las Vegas’ exclusive social circles. However, her knowledge of the town’s secrets sometimes puts her at odds with those who fear she knows too much.
• LORI MONTOYA: owner of the high-end Rain Cosmetics, she is a Vegas native with ties to the city’s legendary hotels and nightclubs and is treated as a VIP wherever she goes. She and her husband are working to launch the ultra-exclusive Presidential Club.
Also in the ladies’ circle is KIMBERLY FRIEDMUTTER, a relative newcomer to Las Vegas, whose husband is a renowned architect responsible for much of the city’s unique skyline.
Evolution Media (The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, The Real Housewives of Orange County) is producing VEGAS HIGH ROLLERS for TLC. Executive producers are Douglas Ross, Greg Stewart, Kathleen French, Alex Baskin, Chaz Gray, and Ross McCall.